Business Litigation in Austin, Texas
A stalemate over terms of a contract. A misrepresented business opportunity. A partner who’s trying to muscle you out. The need for quality legal representation can arise at any time in the course of business. You want an experienced Austin business lawyer who can protect your interests and efficiently resolve the conflict.
I have been a strong factor in cases involving high-stakes business litigation matters valued as large as five million dollars — and as small as $75,000. The quality of my work is well recognized by my clients, and I have received the AV rating* under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system. Contact me at 512.457.1177 to explore your options.
I provide experienced counsel in matters including the following:
- Contract disputes with customers, suppliers, lenders, another business or any party
- Control disputes within a corporation, LLC or partnership
- Mediation in business and tax matters
- Corporate litigation concerning conduct of directors or shareholders; regulatory compliance or investor disputes
- Investment litigation over securities fraud or misrepresentation in private stock offerings
- Disputes in purchases or sales of businesses or assets
- Commercial collections of all types, including high-dollar disputes
- Disputes in real estate and development
- Tax Litigation involving income, estate, and excise tax cases through tax court or federal district court
- Certain intellectual property matters
- Investment litigation, sometimes containing allegations of investment fraud
- Business divorces aimed at assuring my clients a fair deal
- shareholder litigation protecting the rights of shareholders
- Derivative actions enabling shareholders to sue on behalf of their corporation
- Fraudulent conveyances, representing victims as well as those unjustly accused
- Insurance coverage disputes pitting insurers against insureds
The Right Solution
Every business-related dispute is unique, and I tailor my representation to my clients’ goals and risk tolerance. We are prepared to be aggressive to protect our clients’ rights.
Around 98 percent of lawsuits settle outside of court. Most clients do not want to pay a lawyer for the expense of going all the way through a trial — much less the uncertainty of a verdict, yet they expect and need vigorous advocacy that is prepared to go to trial, if that is the best choice. You will receive this type of representation at the law offices of John McDuff, Attorney at Law.
I help clients look realistically at probable outcomes in weighing their options. In a lawsuit, you may be able to Mediation, but if a case needs to go to trial for the best chance at a truly favorable outcome, I am prepared to be very aggressive. As a solo attorney, you work directly with me. I offer the ultimate in personal service to business litigation clients. I am prepared to devote my full energies to your case.
In the process, I make it a point to deliver exceptional service. If I represent you, I will give you my cell phone number and you will be welcome to contact me nights, weekends and indeed, 24/7/365 as needed. An e-mail to me at anytime will usually get you an immediate response. There is no more personal service than that provided by a dedicated solo lawyer who literally walks alongside a client every step of the way through difficult cases.
The quality of my work is well recognized by my clients, and I have received the AV rating* under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system.
Contact Austin Litigation Attorney, John McDuff
For vigorous representation from an Austin, Texas business lawyer, call 512.457.1177 or contact me online. I return calls and e-mails promptly. My clients are predominantly from Austin and Central Texas, and occasionally from other states.