Austin Business Lawyer & Tax Attorney
Attorney, John McDuff:
When Experience Matters
- Over 30 years experience with cases up to 25 million
- Certified Public Accountant
- University of Texas law school
We are a solutions oriented firm that works tirelessly to address your business and tax issues. I understand the legal needs of business owners and individuals. With over 30 years of experience in business and tax law, I have developed the knowledge to help business owners and individuals protect their assets in the state of Texas. I have assisted clients on cases with up to 25 million dollars at issue and excel at providing wise counsel when the stakes are high.
At the John McDuff law firm, our ability to handle business and tax matters for our clients effectively and efficiently has earned the confidence of our clients and peers. I received an “AV Preeminent” rating from Martindale-Hubbell (a rating system through which experienced members of the bar and judiciary evaluate their peers). This rating indicates the highest level of performance in their rating system for five different areas: legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability, and legal experience.
A Business & Tax Attorney Austin Can Rely On
At my firm, clients can expect an individualized approach to each case, with the best legal support available. Because I am the only attorney at my law firm, every client receives my individual, undivided attention. I do not delegate legal tasks, opting instead to invest myself in my clients’ success.
By intentionally limiting my practice to business and tax law for over 30 years, I provide creative and effective solutions for the following types of cases:
- Business Litigation: My litigation practice, through the settlement of disputes and actual litigation, includes, among many types of controversies, contract disputes, control disputes, corporate litigation, fraud, tortious interference with business relationships, business divorces, shareholder litigation, and fraudulent conveyances.
- Business Transactions: Some business owners need legal advice and contract expertise when they buy or sell a business; establish an LLC, corporation, or limited partnership; finance business growth; or raise capital from investors.
- Tax Litigation: Businesses and individuals may need to defend themselves against the IRS through litigation, by managing their response to audits, and by filing appeals after audits. In cases that involve allegations of tax fraud or failure to file tax returns, businesses and individuals require the help of an experienced tax litigation lawyer.
- Tax Collection: If the government collects taxes from a business or individual, a legal representative can help settle tax debts, minimize IRS penalties, make effective offers in compromise, work out favorable IRS installment plans, release levies and wage garnishments, and develop other strategies for minimizing losses during tax disputes.
Contact John McDuff Law Firm
If you have a business or tax matter that you need resolved, please call our office at 512-457-1177 for a consultation. Or you can contact us online.